The Runners Club Xanthi ¨Xanthi Runners¨ in cooperation with the Municipality of Xanthi and the Region of Eastern Macedonia-Thrace, are launching the first Xanthi Old City Trail . This struggle is perhaps unique in B. Greece and of the most beautiful in Greece. Crossing the entire old Xanthi through the narrow streets in front of the churches, of countless traditional buildings that house today the folklore museum, the municipal gallery, the culture center and part of suburban forest city will not be able to leave anyone without getting something of the history, charm and beauty.
Besides the traditional settlement of Xanthi, known as “old Xanthi ‘creation of the third decade of the 19th (1830), is an attraction in a wider geographic area that gathers cultural, historical and ecological interest.
The race will take place under the following conditions:
1. Name: Xanthi Old City Trail
the 2nd. Date: Sunday, March 1, 2015
3. Length of Route: 14,300 meters
4. Venue: Xanthi
5. Start Time: 11:00 PM.
6. The start and the finish: will become the central square of the city.
7. Route: The race will start at the main square of Xanthi and by Vas. Kon / mind will head the runners to the river Kosynthos will pass in front of the former Xanthi Ground and will then head uphill on the way to the Monastery Panagia Archangeliotisas and then IM Panagia Kalamous. Then you take the path back to the village where Samakov when entering will cross him through the narrow streets with small aniforokatifores and will result in the bridge of the river Kosinthos. From the bridge, the runners will enter the village of Old Xanthi they will cross almost all starting from Lemnos, then will reach the suburban grove resulting in so-called ravine where they will continue their journey through time passing incredibly traditional buildings, Tile and fountains. The runners will go through the red fountain of old prison (now a mosque) Chatzidakeio the cultural center, the metropolis of Xanthi and the old town hall leading back to the main square where it will end.
Throughout the duration of the race there will be traffic regulation from the traffic police, like health coverage by the Department Samaritans Rescue Lifeguards and the Regional Department of the Red Cross Xanthi.
The map of the route is in http://www.xanthirunners.gr
on the 8th. Awards: will be at 14:00.
9. Eligibility: The race is open popular struggle and allowed to participate athletes who have completed 18 years of age.
10. Awards and Prizes: winner three (3) first men and top three women overall.
– In the first winners – only three will be awarded cups.
– In the first-second and third winners – only three will be awarded
medals and diplomas.
– In All athletes who finish will be given a diploma
of participation (electronic) and a commemorative medal match of relief unique in size and weight.
|<= 29||<= 29|
11. Registration: Registrations made through the electronic page of the race
at: http://www.xanthirunners.gr until Friday, February 20th 2015. The athletes and clubs have the opportunity to enroll in individual or group recording using the corresponding online form. Possibility of individual entries there and race day two (2) hours before the start in the registry of the race.
Those runners complete their registration by this date will have the ability’s name them right below the number of staff participation the mounted chest of the jersey. For organizational reasons the maximum recordable race day will not exceed the number of fifty (50) entries, and may not be able to provide technical shirt and medal.
12.Symvoliko Cost Participation: The cost is nominal amount of EUR 10 and includes: electronic timing, commemorative medal, long-sleeved technical shirt, participation diploma (electronic), water, isotonic, snacks and souvenirs.
Part of the proceeds from the participation of athletes – runners will be used to support the parents’ association and friends of children with physically and mentally rely problems.
13. Payment: Payment of the participation fee can be done in two ways:
1. With deposit in the National Bank (Account Number: 549 / 545260-07, IBAN: GR5401105490000054954526007). To be considered valid, your participation will have to pay for your participation no later than two (2) days after submitting your entry form. In filing statement of reasons must necessarily declare the cursor name for which the contribution is paid.
2. Using a credit or debit card via the secure PayPal payment system.
14. Health coverage: recommended for participants to have undergone a recent medical examination before participating in the race. In any case all the runners participating with their exclusive responsibility.
15. Stations Support: Along the route there will be power stations in the 5th km., In 8,5ochil., 10.5 mm. And the finish.
16. Road signs: Along the route there will be signs in kilometers per kilometer.
17. Chronicle struggle integration limit: Participants must complete the race in 2.5 hours from the start time after the expiry of the time limit, the organization will make liberation of roads and closure of power stations.
18. Electronic timing and results: The electronic timer will be held from timekeeping company. At the 11th kilometer will be carpet timekeeping intermediate recording passage of the runners from him. For this reason, the runners must wear the timing chip receiving along with their number of participation from the center records.
Caution: Your time will not be registered and will not be included in the results if you do not have the timing chip placed upon you and not spend more than carpets timekeeping.
19. Folder receipt Center: From the main square of Xanthi in a specially designed space right in front of City Hall. The secretariat will serve runners Saturday 02/28/2015 from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 21:00 and Sunday 01-03-2012015 from 9:00 to 10:00.
John Pyrgelis 6978556999
Xanthopoulos Leonidas 6974955817
Vassiliadis Seraphim 6977079501
Polimenis Apostolos 6937219384